Wonderland


More beautiful photos taken by my lovely friend Emma of Smile Me Pretty.

A few weeks ago I read this post on the Free People Bldg 25 Blog about not wearing makeup. I don't know about you guys, but almost always I have to be wearing my usual makeup staples like cover up, eyeliner, and mascara. Especially since my skin is usually prone to acne, I feel more confident trying to cover it up. But the other day my foundation ran out, and being a college student with no extra money to spare, I had no other option then to go to work and go through the rest of the day with no makeup. To top it all off, I didn't do a single thing to my hair besides put a hat on. I was a little bit skeptical on how I would feel about myself throughout the day, especially since I work at a Free People store and I am always helping other girls find outfits...so I was scared of how they would look at me (sounds kind of dumb I know). Then I started to think, I would rather someone like me for who I really am, and see my true self. Trying to hide who I am, under lots of layers of makeup, is almost like putting myself in a disguise. No one talked to me differently that day or looked at me in a negative way and that made me feel so confident and empowered. I'm not going to lie, I do continue to wear my favorite makeup on a daily basis but I don't want it to be a catastrophe if I don't happen to have it. It felt nice though, having the whole day not having to worry if I have to touch up my makeup, or fix my hair. 
I hope you guys take the challenge, and try to wear your natural face and hair for just a day and see how you feel! I'm trying little things to help with my confidence and self image, and this was just a baby step for me but I already learned a little something about myself.

Just some little thoughts for the day, I hope you all have a great weekend!
<3

18 comments:

  1. This is really so inspiring. I feel the same way about feeling the need to always be wearing at least foundation and eyeliner. I can see my flaws right away but other people barely see them at all. I feel like it's rare if I can spot acne on a girl, so why would they see it on me?

    Thank you so much for posting this. It was great to hear and today, I'll be makeup free!

    Em
    Tightrope to the Sun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something similar just happened to me today. I was running late for work and meant to bring my makeup bag with me, but forgot it. Forcing me to go the entire day with no makeup at all. I felt uncomfortable at first, like people were going to look at me weird. But thankfully no one did and by the end of the day I wasn't even thinking about it at all.

    P.S. these photos are really great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. More than once I've thought about this. I just feel so exposed without my makeup, especially with all the acne scars on my face. Hopefully I will gain a sense of confidence rather than insecurity after reading this article..headed there now!

    xx
    www.thestyleduckling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always say that makeup is an accessory not a necessity! The free people blog is a such a great place for inspiration, I check it every morning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sometimes when I go out I forget to put some make up on my face and i dont have big problem with it :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty photos! I try not to be too reliant on my makeup because there are times when I just don't have time to put it on in the morning! So it's nice to do heavier makeup some days and go light the others.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is beautiful! make-up does wonders, but it is definitely also wonderful to not use it sometimes. these photos are beautiful as well.
    xx

    www.thepowerofthecurl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so naturally beautiful, you don't need makeup!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    p.s. Check out my Chicastic giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omg gorgeous pics! Love you hair :)
    http://amelia-xoxo.blogspot.dk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look stunning. I love this whole atmosphere!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. :D Love this post Tonya! I remember a blogger I used to follow (According to Annika) wrote about abandoning makeup when it starts to feel like a crutch and that really resonated with me. I have a lot of girlfriends who feel like there's no way they could go out in public w/out makeup but it's possible! And it's healthy! And it helps people realize girls aren't perfect magical unicorns all the time. And they don't have to be. So this just makes me happy. I love going out random days without anything on; my day usually goes about the same as when I do wear makeup :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this! Last fall a friend and I were getting ready to go to a football game or something, and I did the typical "Gahh, I wish I could be one of those girls who doesn't wear makeup everyday!" And then I realized what I'd said, and proceeded to simply not wear makeup for the rest of the year - and it was great! I mean I'd put it on for parties or special occasions, but I actually thought about how I looked *less* when I wasn't wearing makeup - no worries about smudged eyeliner or greasy foundation. Plus I could sleep in a few extra minutes every morning - crucial for a sleep-deprived college kid, haha :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. The credit rating reference point will help you decide if your possible tenant should be shortlisted, while calling the actual previous landlords will help you find home elevators perhaps the tenant utilized to satisfy the hire responsibilities on time.
    tenant credit check

    ReplyDelete
  14. Members with the armed forces are usually since prone to personal emergencies since ordinary people. It is a make any difference involving managing the same personal pressures since all others, as well as unique as a result of surprise health-related bill or a last notice, the necessity to safe the armed forces bank loan without having credit rating check may become intense.
    credit check

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tienda de Camisetas de Futbol Baratas.Réplicas de Camisetas de Futbol de casi todos los equipos y selecciones de fútbol.
    Envíos a todo el mundo. Desde €14.97.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tienda de Camisetas de Futbol Baratas.Réplicas de Camisetas de Futbol de casi todos los equipos y selecciones de fútbol.
    Envíos a todo el mundo. Desde €14.97.

    ReplyDelete

 

© The Moptop All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger